Scam site...

JesENC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The old saying holds true, NEVER send any money unless you don’t need it. I’ve found that inserting words to that effect in your profile will deter many of the scammers. I’d like to make this clear, strictly from my point of view, I think there are plenty more guys on here who are not scammers compared to those that are. I also think a lot of guys on here are here only for the fantasy with no real intention of ever being a houseboy, or at least not anytime soon. Good luck men and boys too. 

• 10 months later...

Noted and thanks northcalguys. I’ve decided to no longer list the reason(s) why I know someone is a fraudster, con, fake, flake or scammer because I’m not clueing them or anyone else that plays that game on their mistakes and how to avoid them. It’s sufficient just to start a new topic with their name headlined as to what they are. Let’s not help the enemy anymore. 

There are real guys on here, but you have to look through the super cute pix to find the real guys. Of course, they're here because there will always be someone dumb enough to send someone money "because he's too cute to be a fake", but you seem to be able to spot the fakes easy. For that, I'd say don't get upset about it; be glad you're above that stuff and have fun searching. There are fakes on both sides of the spectrum (nothing is more fun than arriving at a host's house only to find he lives with his mom and they're both hoarders, or the house in the pictures is the house of their friends which they rent a room...), but what still made those situations not matter is that I always provided my own way (unless they insisted) but always had my own way out (whether they knew about it or not). So, I was able to focus on the good guys I met, and man, they were WELL worth the search. So, just weed out the fakes as you seem to be good at doing already, and know that all of the fakes won't matter when you find that one good fit.

Is it "worth" it as far as paying for the site? Well, though I'm no longer a houseboy, I enjoy the chat so much that I do still pay here and there when I'm feeling nice, usually the 3 month subscription. This site has provided a ton of great opportunities for me over the years, so a few bucks thrown here and there for membership is the least I can do. It was worth paying for it when I was a houseboy and it's still worth paying for when I'm not just for the entertainment factor, so could it be worth it? That, I'd have to answer with a yes. 

As always, that's my opinion, and what the hell do I know haha, but I hope you find a way to enjoy the search and find what you're looking for because I can guarantee you he's out there and likely too afraid to contact you first. Happy hunting!!!

I think Rocketmahn has a point. There are probably not a lot of guys looking to be houseboys who are walking around with pockets full of money. If it’s going to cost two or three hundred dollars to get to my location, I understand that it is possible that an otherwise worthy and ideal candidate doesn’t have the cash to get here. That is a genuine problem for many. But with personal experience and the experience of others, I know that if I were to send a guy the $300 it’s going to get here by air, rail or bus, there is no guarantee that he will spend the money to get here. 
What is probably harder for me to accept is that I’ve dealt with 4, maybe 5 young men who I believe to be honest and sincere and in search of a host. Each of those guys, in the end, chose not to become my houseboy, but rather to accept another offer, or to keep looking for a better match. Yes, I admit it, I’m a difficult match. I’m deadly honest with potential helpmates.  I suppose some figure it’s probably worse than it sounds, while others taking me for my word decide it’s not for them. 
still, I have faith that the right guy is out there, I’ve just yet to meet him. 

That is true, many may not have the money to travel, but the best houseboys that really want it do or will get the money. If you want a houseboy that isn't lazy, why start with one that doesn't have the drive to get enough money for a bus ticket? I've never understood that logic at all. Guys see these cute baby boy faces and just want to take care of them, but you have to remember that they are grown men. Does this mean a guy is lazy just because he doesn't have the money? Well no, not at all, but any time a guy wanted to pay my way, he didn't send me money. He bought a ticket and sent me the itinerary. So still, there is NO reason to send a guy money on here. I know what it's like to have a 3 day bus trip with just a few crackers and chips and a couple of sodas and bottles of water to snack on. I was wanting the houseboy position, not some guy's hard earned money before even getting there, so I did what I had to do to get a few bucks to survive a 3 day bus trip with just junk food and quick tuna packs and things like that to nibble on. If a houseboy is in such a bad position that he's starving, come on... if he's that cute (as the scammers pictures are), do you really think he's the only person in the world that can't go to a soup kitchen for a few nights? Whatever situation a houseboy is in before you meet him isn't your responsibility. Again, houseboys are grown men, and if you want a houseboy that has the drive to do things like help around the house, don't go for a "boy" that doesn't even have the drive to feed himself. If you do get a completely helpless "boy" that can't do anything for himself, why would you want to depend on him to do things for you around the house, and how can you be surprised if he turns out to be too lazy to be worth it? 

So yes, it is true that a houseboy can be in a bad situation, but even if you're rescuing someone from their situation, all you need to provide is travel itinerary. You can even order a cab, Uber/Lyft/Rideshare, or Airport Shuttle (most of which pick up right at your doorstep) on an app or website without ever sending a "boy" money. Feeling generous and want to make sure he has enough to eat? You can send him money via electronic money wire (Western Union/Money Gram), or even on Facebook or other social media sites. He doesn't need $300 in his pocket for an 8 hour plane ride or even a 5 day bus trip to eat well. You can even find out what airports he has his layovers and order food for him there over apps even for fast food like McDonalds. It's 2020, not 1920. With all the ways to pay for a houseboy's trip to you and make sure he's comfortable without having to actually exchange money (and every younger guy knows that especially), even the worst sob story can be solved without sending money. Tell a guy you can't actually send him money and watch how fast the fakes disappear leaving that one deserving guy that will be excited and grateful for the thought you put into making sure his travel goes well without caring that no actual money was put into his hands or account...

^^^ Maybe that's something a site should add; resources and links to travel providers and services that could aid in the safe and comfortable travel of a houseboy that won't involve any actual exchange of money or account info or anything like that. Links to shuttle services, rideshare and taxi services, ways to share enough for a meal or two at places like McDonalds which are in nearly every airport, things like that. Could you imagine the fakes you'd weed out if they knew you only send a link for them to download or print their plane ticket and then they'd have a voucher or a meal paid for them at the next airport. If they knew everyone on the site had absolutely NO reason to actually send or exchange actual money, the site wouldn't even be popular with scammers because there would be nothing they could profit from or scam someone out of for any kind of personal gain.