Devinbrn5010 ALERT

Buck52

Devinbrn5010  ALERT:

An excellent liar and conman. Name is Devin Brown. Said from Gainesville, GA. Had a typical down and out story, living out of his 2011 Toyota Tacoma truck, hadn’t eaten in couple days, everything he owned he could fit in his truck. Has an iPhone but for some odd reason he could neither get his current location to turn on or FaceTime with my iPhone. Yeah right. Said just wanted a place to go where he’d feel safe, secure, earn some money to go to school. Raised a Georgia country boy he said. Said $300 would be enough for gas and food to drive the over 900 miles to me in Texas. So yeah, along with my wishful thinking, wanting to believe not everyone is a damn liar, giving the benefit of the doubt, allowing my dick to interfere and the fact I’m a gambling kinda man, I rolled the dice with this boy and came up empty handed. Needless to say he broke his own word, his own promises. I’m still old school in that I believe a man’s word is everything, his bond. Obviously that means nothing these days to a vast majority of younger generations. Yet I’m not angry, not feeling hurt, not resentful towards this fella. I knew the risk, I could afford it so I gave him the $300 as a gamble. I lost. You’ve been warned now about Devinbrn5010.

• Like 1

I just had a similar experience with a guy who says he lives in South Carolina, but was raised in Georgia. Knowing full well that advancing these guys money is foolish, I bought into his thing. I even used airline miles to fly him to me. But I put him on a plane home (with more miles) When it was obvious that his financial needs were a bottomless pit. I kind of believe that this guy’s life is a mess, and I’d have worked with that if he hadn’t played me too far.  Live and learn, this one cost me more than I’m willing to admit publicly. 

Buck, I don’t think it was the same guy. I think there are a lot of guys in the same ilk. I don’t know if he was a plain out con, or just to messed up in his life that he lost track of the truth and/or had little faith that 6 months to 2 years or more in an honest, non-abusive home situation could help him to find a path to a life he could be proud to lead. I am not perfect, and don’t expect ion perfection of others. But holy cow!