Housemate boy wanted in Texas

Buck52

Single masculine Dad type on a serious search for a live in boy to be my housemate, companion, friend, housekeeper, cook and sexual partner. Rural but not isolated. Safe, secure, healthy, drama free, easy living environment. For more info check out my profile on the main website. Serious inquires only please. Jsyk I’m pretty damn good at vetting fakes and scammers. 

Edited by Buck52
misspelled word

• 5 weeks later...

I’m pleased you reached out to me Henrik. I intend to email you but be aware that real names and email addresses are not allowed on this forum, just so you know. It would benefit you much more to set up a free profile along with s few good photos on the main website. You will get a lot more viewers and interest. This is but a forum here with not much traffic. Anyway, I’ll message you and we will see how it goes. Thanks and good luck. 

I guess that Henrik guy has been deleted, but for a boy to be in the forums pretending to be clueless about how to set up a profile on the main site... big red flag. How do you post to the forums without setting up a profile on the main site first? I hope you didn't actually email him because this was an obvious bait scam going on from someone that was just mining emails.

I think he is still lurking around here. Told me he had a profile set up several years ago but hadn’t been back on in years. I did view his profile and he listed his age in the “about me” section and it was about five years difference from the age the site lists in profile header. My first email to him failed to send, big red flag. Told him so here and he then emailed me successfully. I use proton mail because I believe it has a high level of security. That and I only use my iPhone for any messaging including email. So hope I dodged the bullet. As to guys messaging on the forum without a profile on the main forum I’m not sure how that works but have run across several people in the forum that apparently don’t have a profile on the main home site. I’m curious how that works. 

Yeah, some block people before they can be reported and tend to take a while to get banned. I just found it odd in his other posts here (all of which were deleted, which I think has to be done by admin), I think it was you that told him he should instead set up a profile on the main site to which he responded stating he didn't know how but would take a look at it later. Email mining scams aren't generally as obvious as the old houseboy in distress, send me money type scams. If you do email him (and you'd be a fool to do so), he might respond a few times, but his main goal is to just collect a list of email addresses that he can sell or get commission for. Then a week, a month, a year, down the line, you're suddenly getting the same few spam messages each month, or fake friend requests on Facebook or Instagram or other social media (if you use them), which also just mine data, and so on. In other words, the actual scams take place elsewhere, so yeah, most people might just think he's some guy that lost interest and never think twice about it. At least it's not a money grabbing scam, but still a scam all the same. 

Also, no email client actually protects you from what they're mining for. All he has to do is get you to click on one link that will place a keytracker on your phone or computer (you won't see it install or notice it), or get you to go to one website (usually where their private pictures are, usually not on the site they started on, so not on here) that does the same thing. Then, they track email addresses whether it be your own or others. Then any address associated with a social media account, they can look it up. Even if you don't use it, think of anyone that uses Facebook for example. We see people answer those dumb surveys and think nothing of it. If you really look at them and look back in anyone's profile, those surveys actually reveal things like:

Street you grew up on

Favorite Color

Age and Birthdate (I share a fake birthday on Facebook and all sites for that reason)

Mother's Maiden Name

Favorite Pet Name

and so on...

.... and all of those questions are the usual security questions everywhere, even on government websites (this is why I always teach my hosts or employers to never answer security questions with actual answers; for example, for mother's maiden name, my answer might be "green leaves"). << It's not for any scammer out there. Anyhow, it sounds like a lot of work, but this is the reason you could go to a fishy website and within 48 hours, someone has opened an account or filed your taxes or opened a line of credit in your name. This is also why I say most hacks aren't hacks, all because of email mining and how easy it is for someone to get the information of many just by getting the email address of one. Your failed email to him likely didn't fail at all. When this happens, most people may try emailing from a different email address just to try other options. Had you let it go, he would have had your email and that would have been that. His follow up email is just to make himself look a bit more real.