A Little Courtesy Goes A Long Way!

GreatHomeForYou

Whenever we get an inquiry from anyone, we always try to respond within a 24 hour period.  Over the last two weeks, we have taken the time to write to 6 different boys on this site.  To date, none have responded...not even a thank you, but not interested.  We knew that common sense was a rarity nowadays, but when did common courtesy go out the window?

Also, a number of boys specifically note they want to be in a warmer climate.  What better place than Key West?  Tourists spend thousands of dollars to visit Key West, and a potential houseboy has the opportunity to live here for free PLUS get paid for it!  Yet, no one on this site is interested in even chatting about that possibility?

We are almost at the point of just giving up the search.  We wish each and every one of you employers the best of luck in your search for the perfect match.

• Like 1

No matter what online site you use, you can't take a lack of response personally. Those guys could be going through their own hell during this covid stuff that may keep them from responding fast. On this particular site, there's also a huge chance that you messaged 6 fake profiles. Whatever the issue, don't base your efforts on any that aren't a match or don't respond because none of those matter when you do find that one match.

Also, you can't take any form of rejection personal. If they didn't respond out of a lack of interest, well, common courtesy is one thing, but that also goes with the whole "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything" lesson(s) that we were taught right along with lessons about being courteous. Sure, the thought of being in Key West could be exciting (I was a houseboy to a guy in the coastguard on one of the bases in Key West for 3 years... my experience in Key West was beyond amazing), but at a time like now during covid, you couldn't pay a country guy like me to be in a big city or small island with so many people right now. Some other guys might feel the same way.

One other thing about any online platform... remember, no one owes you a response. Speaking again about the "if you don't have anything nice to say" topic, some guys don't like having to actually say "Sorry, I'm not interested" because they feel that would be terribly rude in the same way that you feel getting no response would be rude. If you want to communicate with the younger guys, especially young twinks (no offense), you kind of have to understand that speaking to them won't be like speaking to your similar-aged husband. Messaging someone does not entitle you to a response. If you find that way of thinking unpleasant, what you might be finding unpleasant is, in fact, the typical attitude of the typical twinks that you're messaging. They might not need to upgrade their attitudes and personalities as much as you might need to upgrade what you're looking for.

Don't give up your search, though. Sure; the height of the houseboy sites is long, LONG gone, but there are great legit houseboys out there, even on this site. As much as I owe to having been a houseboy, it genuinely scares me to think about how much I would have missed had the right host (employer) given up searching before we met. Remember the only response that matters is the one that leads you to a match. Don't think twice about a boy that can't even respond to an email for you.

On 6/26/2020 at 12:35 PM, GreatHomeForYou said:

Whenever we get an inquiry from anyone, we always try to respond within a 24 hour period.  Over the last two weeks, we have taken the time to write to 6 different boys on this site.  To date, none have responded...not even a thank you, but not interested.  We knew that common sense was a rarity nowadays, but when did common courtesy go out the window?

Also, a number of boys specifically note they want to be in a warmer climate.  What better place than Key West?  Tourists spend thousands of dollars to visit Key West, and a potential houseboy has the opportunity to live here for free PLUS get paid for it!  Yet, no one on this site is interested in even chatting about that possibility?

We are almost at the point of just giving up the search.  We wish each and every one of you employers the best of luck in your search for the perfect match.

Hi Hope you are still looking for HB and see if we match to each other?

112.jpg

Edited by Denicutie
add pix