Site bug or prelude to a scam?

Zillah

I have been talking to a boy on here (and later via email and Skype) and things seem to be going well. I think he is real (we have had a video chat) and he hasn't asked me to send money or done anything else that would make me think he's a scammer. However, last night I went to check something in our message history and discovered I could now longer access our message history or view his profile. At first I figured he had changed his mind and blocked me but he texted me this morning and we continued our conversation about planning to meet after we both get our covid vaccines. I asked if he had blocked me for some reason and he said he had not and was getting the same error when he tried to view my profile. 

Any ideas what is going on?  Is this a known issue with the site or the start of some scam I'm not familiar with?

It doesn't have to be a scam.  There are profiles on here of people who are just here for kicks.  They like toying with people out of boredom.  We were in contact with this boy too, but after some chatting, we stopped communication with him as we felt he was a fake, not necessarily a scammer, but a fake profile just to toy with people.

There are a vast number of profiles on here of people who only want the fantasy and have no real intention of following through. Like commented earlier they get off to the anonymity and the fantasy. I call them fantasy boys. I’ve not had that particular issue that you have described except for ones who have blocked me. 

• Like 1

I'd rather not influence your thinking about this boy, but if you get to a point where things sound too good to be true, then chances are that it is too good to be true.  One big red flag for us about a fake or as Buck52 describes 'fantasy boy' is when they are the first one to initiate talk about sex, and then get really into the topic.  That's a sure sign that they just want to get their jollies and then they'll move on.

We look at this houseboy thing as we are the employer and the houseboy is the employee.  While we have always been on a friendly level with our previous houseboys, there has to be that separation to some degree.  When speaking with potential houseboys who begin to be the ones to set demands, we politely bow out with a 'no thank you' and move on.

BTW...to answer your question about no being able to see the messages and then you could, I'd bet he blocked you but then unblocked you.  I don't think it happens by accident.

Best of luck in your search.

Thanks to Buck52 and GreatHomeForYou for the advice. So far this is one of the few boys I've spoken to here who I wasn't able to quickly identify as a fake and/or scammer and I haven't encountered any of the red flags you mentioned. As of the last time I spoke to this boy he said he wanted to meet in a little over a month. I will report back as to whether that actually happens. 

Thanks for letting me know.  It will be interesting to see what he says.  As far as the virgin thing goes I brought that up in my conversations with him and his explanation was that part of his motivation for wanting to be a houseboy was the desire to have an older/more experienced man teach him how to please them.  In response to this I reminded him that I would expect him to be willing and able to bottom on a regular basis and recommended that he spend some quality time with a dildo before agreeing to anything. 

Here are my thoughts:  I know he is a real person who looks like his picture.  Over the next month I'm going to stay in touch via email and have regular video chats.  I'm also going to ask him to provide all the information I would need to run a background check on him.  If he puts in the required time and his info checks out I will consider it worth the cost of a bus ticket to see if he actually shows up.  If not ::shrugs::

I’m sorry that you had to experience that with someone right out the chute, you bring new to the site and all. Don’t let it deter you from your search. There are good boys out there. Just gotta play it smart. Hard lesson learned I know. 

• 3 months later...

I’ve had same issues a good long while now but I’ve also engaged with potential houseboys who I felt were legit but for several different reasons were not willing to commit with me. Many want to remain in the same are. Many are city boys who don’t think they’d be comfortable in a rural environment. Some have outrageous expectations of being paid a lot of $ to sit around and look pretty. Some we just don’t click. Some have way too much baggage like for instance outstanding warrants or excessive drug use. One of the first things that give me pause is the answer to the question, willing to relocate, “maybe”. MAYBE?! If they haven't settled it in their mind yet that relocating is Preeminent then I have no interest. Yes I know some wish you find a position close to where they live and some wish the same but not “live in house”. Which is fine. But if they aren’t disclosing that in their profile then I immediately see that as not being serious right off the bat. Just my two bits worth. 

• Like 1