Want to move to the U.S permanently but I'm Canadian?

Guest JB22

Anyone ever have success in this?

I'm interested in moving to the U.S but I don't want to marry anyone.

What's the easiest way for me to immigrate or get a visa so I can stay there for awhile?

I'd love a work visa so I can find work anywheres.

Any advice?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

What's the easiest way for me to immigrate or get a visa so I can stay there for awhile?

Any advice?

Thanks.

I live in Greenville,NC and we have lots of people working here in the medical community from Canada... they come here for work and school, and i know some of them dont have visas

• 4 weeks later...

Any advice?

Thanks.

There are many ways to come from Canada to the U.S. 1 way is to get a special visa,example, work visa, education visa etc. Another way is to enter the DV lottery. This runs from October to January every year. You are given a letter number code. In May of the preceding year codes are selectected by a computer. If your code is selected then you get a dirversity visa to come live in the U.S. It gives you enough time to workon citizenship. You can go to this site for much more information.http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

You can also go to the U.S. embassy and file forms. If you select this method, you must have a Canadian government ID, birth certificate, Canadian passort,and school records. If you are selected, then you will be required to get a medical exam. When you come to the U.S you must get a social security number and a drivers license. Then you can work.

For a work visa, you have to have an employer that wants to employee you. Both you and the employer must file documents. This only lasts as long as the job lasts. If it is a long job then both must refile yearly.

No matter what visa you are applying for you will always need documentation to prove you are who you say.

On and education visa, you must be in school, and apply to a school down here. If the school accepts you, then you must provide documentation, as well as school. This is big farce because, you must have at least $8000 usd to care for yourself when you arrive.

you best bet is to check out different visa's at http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

Hope this helps you

john