carl1014 - BEWARE

mtnhiker27

BEWARE of carl1014 as he scammed money from me for "travel expenses" and never showed up.

I don't doubt that he's done this to others and welcome information from other victims.

He even went so far as to email me a photo of his Louisiana drivers license and ID, which made me believe he was a legitimate candidate as a houseboy. I was given bank account information to deposit money to as well.

Yes, I was suspicious that the photos on his account were done professionally, but he also had emailed me photos that were NOT done professionally, i.e. the type taken in a home (photos attached)post-9893-051956600 1306075086_thumb.jpgpost-9893-026224200 1306075110_thumb.jpg.

Why don't or can't we pursue these types of individuals and put them behind bars or find some way for them to make restitution or do community service to help other types of victims, i.e. tornadoes, floods, etc?

Any information can be sent through messaging my profile: mtnhiker27

You can't pursue them and put them behind bars because he didn't steal anything from you. You gave him money, he took it. Never send money.

• 2 weeks later...

CARL1014 BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE,, I SENT HIM $300

TO A WALMART MONEY CENTER FOR HIM TO HAVE GAS MONEY TO

COME TO VISIT ME IN FORT LAUDEREDALE. BEWARE JOEY CARTWRIGHT

AKA CARTER AS A FRAUD.. HE TOOK THE CASH AND NEVER RETURNED

THE MONEY BEWARE CARL1014 DBA JOEY

PERMPROVIDER

You can't pursue them and put them behind bars because he didn't steal anything from you. You gave him money, he took it. Never send money.

I disagree with you. He DID steal money from me because he stated the money he needed would go toward gas to drive here. He also agreed to drive here to take on the duties of a houseboy. He was fraudulent in stating what the money was to be used for. He was fraudulent in stating that he would drive here. He was fraudulent when he sent numerous texts stating he was on his way.

The Law's definition of fraud is: intentional deception, so everything he did fits the definition.

With someone else posting a similar experience with him, he's become habitual in performing fraud.

To my knowledge, various forms of fraud are illegal in every state and when it crosses state lines, it falls into Federal jurisdiction.

It almost sounds like you're defending him & his actions. I don't doubt you've done the same to others.

You COULD go after him legally if you had a work CONTRACT signed and notarized, which is something everyone should put in place.

Taking money meant for travel expenses to commence employment is called THEFT BY CONVERSION and is prosecutable. Try taking money from an employer of any sort meant for a relocation package without relocating and see just how far you get before you're arrested. $300 however isn't worth the time/expense.

Never send money...unless of course you're willing to spend money to recover it.

• 2 months later...