Should an employer shell out hundreds...

Guest SirNick

Guest SirNick

Should I as an employer be expected to shell out over $1,000.00 to fly a potential houseboi in from overseas without proof of who he is?

I asked a potential boi to write my name on a piece of paper and hold it in his mouth and snap a pic as validity of who he is due to the fact that his pix online here and a recent one he sent do not look like the same person. He refused and questioned my trust! Furthermore, he needs over $600 to obtain a visa plus airfare. I told him to get a credit card to make all the purchases and I would pay off all once he arrived...that to wasn't to his liking! He said I should be willing to 'help' as his new owner.

Am I wrong in questioning his honesty?

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like a guy call Lucas, he keeps trying to get me to send him money and when I ask for some id or to chat via cam, he has no cam, he has no money to scan his passport, he can't provide anythign but says I do not trust him This Dominic guy just keeps coming up with a new story to try and get money. I doubt the pictures he has online are even him

I sent money to a guy named Peter and also sent him a plane ticket to fly here to work for me and he did not show up. Later when this Gerrad guy finally got back in touch, he admitted he had not planned to come here and just used the money.

And trouble is he has id, he has two passports, one from UK and one from Netherlands, he has phone number I have called him on and tried to talk but the phone connection is always bad and you can't hear and he ends up hanging up. He is also on facebook P-t-r G-r-ad, so this guy is a real guy, just out to scam everyone.

So how do we proptect ourselves from these guys. Houseboy must do a better job and allow cases where you can prove they have scammed you to provide copies to everyone on the site with all their information and all other names they have used on this website. This guy has been on and kicked off at least three times that I know about, One a Peter something, Heartbrokenpeter, sanjosekid and probably more in the past before I met him.