Employers... well... they confuse me...

Tru2youboi

Goodmorning Guys, Gals, and those who aren't certain what gender they are...

So I have been browsing the site, and read some very detailed, and some not so detailed profiles from employers who all state "Want someone who can work in a professional atmosphere" ...

Now I am all for opportunity and advancement through working, learning, and mentor-ship but what confuses me about this situation is that, there are a few of us "houseboys" on this website that are College Graduates, Currently work in Professional Career(s), so we have the set of skills it takes to either increase the opportunity of proficiency and productivity in a Employers Company, which in turn allocates into savings or revenue generation, yet the Employers ALWAYS go for the 18 -20 year olds, who have nothing to do in life but work out, or tan, so they have rock hard bodies, but are dumb as a ROCK.

So... My little rant of the day...... #confused.

tumblr_m04czgxLn21qzlvmi.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Don't let looks deceive you.

It's funny you write about this topic because this is something someone else chewed me out for a few days ago on another popular gay site. I don't know about all those guys, but for a guy like myself, this is a reason we go for the guys that haven't gone to college. Let me explain:

I personally have no college degree of any kind. I didn't have any family business handed down to me or anything like that. What I do have is experience as everything from a Janitor, a front desk clerk at a Bath House, an jail officer, a truck driver, as a houseboy, and more. One day while truck driving, I saw something pass me on the road and suddenly I had an idea... and that idea is what brought me to the work I do today (perhaps I should update my profile a bit lol) which pretty much turned me into an employer overnight. I couldn't win at the show "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader", but I know how to clear $100K per year doing what I love doing.

Haha, and no; it's not sex.

Jokes aside, that's what I seek in a guy. I like finding someone that has a new, fresh way of thinking about or seeing a situation. I like someone that learned how to truly love and (MOST importantly) appreciate life because of the way he was brought up.

For myself, it was being brought up pretty poor that shaped me. Again, I couldn't pass a simple high school grade test at this point probably, but oddly enough I can cook next to any chef all kinds of foods because of my mixed background, I can disassemble and reassemble ANY engine of any motorized vehicle in about 4 hours because growing up meant if I wanted something, I built it (same with computers too); I can sit in a car for 60 seconds and tell you the air pressure of each tire because I was the only mechanic my mom could afford (free), I can change a baby's diaper in 10 seconds or less (I'm the youngest of 7 and the only gay one so I was the babysitter), I can grow any vegetable and gut any animal properly, I can plumb and tile any bathroom in a few hours from nothing, and I can hear a song once and write it out, every instrument, every line, because I wanted to be a drummer growing up but my high school was too poor to afford new music, so I had to write it myself.

If a guy looks past you to another, don't take it personally, and you don't have to be confused about it. This doesn't fit all of the guys you speak of, but it does fit several of them. Personally, I would actually say that I felt like you're too good for me; as in I know you would do just fine out there in the world without help if it came down to it. It took me a while to finally be as successful financially as I have always been emotionally (not rich but never having to check my balance before buying things is quite nice haha), and it took so long because I wasn't the normal college grad like many people expect to have to be these days. I was fortunate to get my shot at it, and that's the kind of guy I want to give a shot to.... not the "normal" guy that has the "normal" degree that any and every "normal" employer is looking for.

"Normal"... this is a houseboy site. You won't find the "normal" kind of employer here.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to have to disagree with your statement. The fact that there is even sexuality that doesn't fit into the generic label of "heterosexual" leaves us with the word that we all know so well: DIVERSITY.

I'm sure there are quite a bit of men out there that are equally interested in you in sum part but you do not return that interest.

Having access to this sight is marvelous. The idea of finding a guy that is business oriented and can both pay for your arrival, clothing and food to turn around and employ you is an act that should NEVER be taken for granted.

I think we owe a lot of those men that give people jobs that are not as "trained" as you.

If you believe in this way, like you have state aforementioned, then you should seek emit meant else where that dictates and refines your own sense of guidelines and not sting the elected ones who so lustfully are allowed the change.

Signed,

21 year old who can barely order my own alcoholic beverage

• Like 1

• 1 year later...