Houseboy.com: Advice to Weed out Spammers and Fakes

michael

A red flag for me as a houseboy, is when an employer has been a member of the site for several months and years, yet is still looking for a houseboy. It shouldnt take longer than 60 days to find a houseboy... if they are serious.

Employers should have to pay a premium for membership. If they can afford the lifestyle of having a houseboy, then they can afford a membership fee. A serious fee like $100 a month. Only a serious member will pay a premium fee. It makes no sense for an employer to be on here 4 years and never had a houseboy because that tells me, they are flakey, not serious or something is wrong with them and no one wants to be their houseboy.

I have noticed this also and agree with you. I am new to the site and have noticed alot of strange behavior especially from guys who have contacted me so far or who I have viewed. I also notice on this site as well as other gay chat sites that older guys are only intrested in pics and thats it. I guess we just have to use our common sense both houseboys and employers but as I read the forums I keep seeing nothing but info regarding "houseboy scams"?? What about the employer scams?

• 1 month later...

I agree with the point he made about pictures of the house, yard, and rooms. If I was a houseboy then I would want to see where I am going to be living. Another thing I hate is to open a profile and all I see is his ass hole. A nice nude photo is nice but lets keep the cum shots or holes for when you actually meet.

I have been member here a short time and have been able to contact some nice boys and had good conversations.

I think that the questions are overly sexual. I think that sexual aspects can be discussesd and instead of asking take loads in the mouth or ass, maybe bottom, top or versatile or say ask me.

The HIV question I think ask for dishonesty, because not every positive person likes to put that in a public profile.

I think putting a time limit to membership or make it expensive to join is not invitable to new members.Some people need time to find the right relationship.

It is also up to the members of this site to post on forums, and make this site interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

I realize I am commenting on a thread that is basically dead (much like this entire site seems to be with barely even a dozen visitors per day) but...I got my very first wink today and I opened the "form letter" that I received announcing the wink...and this is part of the text in that letter "Check out his profile and perhaps a wink will turn into a touch, fondle, or even a fuck." It's really hard to take this site seriously with mess like that. I get that the sexual aspect of this site is a key factor in how many relationships form here (not that I am convinced many do form) but seriously...phrases and terminology like that are simply crass and juvenile. I think when someone receives a wink the instinct is going to be that they are going to look at the associated profile anyway, and shouldn't need to be instructed to do so, and certainly not in that manner. That kind of crap is probably what results in the traffic and participation on this site dwindling as it apparently has from viewing the forum and previous traffic reports. In addition I suspect that's what attracts those fakes and no-class scammers that I see many complaints about. You wanna present something without a level of respect, then that's what you are going to get in return. I'm hardly a prude and certainly wouldn't be here if I were one, but there is quite a bit that should be revised here if there is any intention of keeping this site alive. It truly should be a highly successful venture, but the traffic count doesn't leave much hope for anyone expecting to find legit employment through here. Anyway, I'm honestly not here to whine or complain, but I had remembered reading this thread (and others a few weeks ago) and how I felt when I received that "wink" notification seemed to coincide with how others felt regarding the way certain things are presented around here and I couldn't help but chime in...even though this is an old thread and it appears there may be all but 5 people who regularly even peek in here :)

• Like 1

I have limited new members that are NOT verfied with their photos to 5 messages per day. Yet, still they flock to sites like this and reek havock. Recently, the Sub/Master guys have been creating profiles and we delete them as fast as we can. But, what can we do on an admin level to rid them on the site permanently?

What if we went to 2 messsages per day for Free members who have not verified their profile? Or, if we limit their ability to receive 2 messages per day as well?

And, no winks for free members is another option.

Look, we make it easy for everyone to verify their photo. With that, they get 25 messages per day.

And, we also make it easy for anyone to be Silver or Gold on the site for free as well by participating.

http://www.houseboy.com/index.php?mdf=upgrade-member

So, I would appreciate a detailed discussion for you guys on the best way to weed out these fakes permanently!

I would just make EVERY member verify who they are as that would immediately cut out all the African fakers as well as guys scamming people. What I normally do is demand they get on cam either on yahoo or skype to show me they are the same guy as the one in the pics they have sent. I also then demand they take a selfie with a certain number of fingers raised so I can verify it that way.

I would just make EVERY member verify who they are as that would immediately cut out all the African fakers as well as guys scamming people. What I normally do is demand they get on cam either on yahoo or skype to show me they are the same guy as the one in the pics they have sent. I also then demand they take a selfie with a certain number of fingers raised so I can verify it that way.