Success Stories?

ocdfiver

I'm just looking for tips from people who have either had a successful HB experience, or have learned what not to do. Anybody have any first-person accounts of what living with or as a houseboy looked like for you? Obviously the situation changes from household to household; it just seems to me that there's bound to be lessons out there that newbies like me don't have to learn the hard way.

• 4 months later...
Guest pipatatl

I've been a houseboy 3 times now, and I can tell you that there is no text book answer that can tell you what you should or shouldn't do that you don't already know.

Now don't get me wrong, I've tried more than 3 positions, but I only stay where the situation is right for us both. It's not about knowing what to do to satisfy your host. As a houseboy (and many forget this), you just have to stay 100% true to yourself and don't just say "yeah, I could try doing that" if you're not really into it. No matter how great you think the offered position is, there is always a better one on the next page. Never try to change yourself to fit a houseboy position.

Meeting the right host and finding the right houseboy position (and for hosts to find the perfect houseboy) is like a puzzle. No matter how close some pieces come to fitting in more than one position, you'll never have a complete result unless every single piece is in the right spot. Anything less than that and there will always be that pieces left out and even if you don't miss it, someone will.

I guess if there was a text book answer, the text book itself should be your own heart.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
I've been a houseboy 3 times now, and I can tell you that there is no text book answer that can tell you what you should or shouldn't do that you don't already know.

Now don't get me wrong, I've tried more than 3 positions, but I only stay where the situation is right for us both. It's not about knowing what to do to satisfy your host. As a houseboy (and many forget this), you just have to stay 100% true to yourself and don't just say "yeah, I could try doing that" if you're not really into it. No matter how great you think the offered position is, there is always a better one on the next page. Never try to change yourself to fit a houseboy position.

Meeting the right host and finding the right houseboy position (and for hosts to find the perfect houseboy) is like a puzzle. No matter how close some pieces come to fitting in more than one position, you'll never have a complete result unless every single piece is in the right spot. Anything less than that and there will always be that pieces left out and even if you don't miss it, someone will.

I guess if there was a text book answer, the text book itself should be your own heart.

I have been very fortunate. I have worked for both lesbian and gay couples and started in Miami Lakes florida which is my hometown. I didnot start on this site but from a local newpaper ad. Since then I held three temp jobs by word of mouth from my first employers which allowed me to move to San Francsico on my own at an very early age. I lived there with some other friends that I met on this site later on down the line and things were going well until the economy forced us all to move back home..Since then we have all been seeking a new start as a houseboy but as for finding that on this site its seems difficult because there are alot of scammers/liars and extremely dishonest guys. sometimes I dont log on. I have found only two temp jobs from this site with sort of ok guys who were honest but only wanted temp jobs such as watching pets/home while they were on vacation. But unfotunately this site doesnt seem to offer honest genuine guys so In my opinion you will rarely find a success story on this site.

Guest pipatatl

When you speak of your temporary jobs of watching people's pets, it's clear that the reason you feel the way you do about this site is because you're looking to be a house sitter, not a houseboy. I mean, this site is geared for gay employers to find gay or gay friendly houseboys that are cute. I'm even right now looking at a banner ad for this site that simply says "Looking for hot houseboys?" and another that says "Got a booboo-- need someone to blow?"

Not every houseboy positions calls for sex, but your issue isn't that you haven't found anyone genuine. The issue is that you've found people that genuinely want more than just a house sitter. Let's be real... on this site, houseboys are first noticed by their picture and how cute the employer things that person is. A profile helps, but no one will read that unless the picture is good enough to catch one's eye. I'm not saying the employers here are shallow. I'm saying that this is a site for those that aren't afraid to admit that they want a houseboy.

So yeah, since you're a house sitter on a houseboy site, I see why you feel the way you do, but to say there would be no success stories from this site shows that you may not be on the right site. I'm currently in the best position I've ever been in making more as this guy's personal assistant/caddy/driver than what I used to make when I was a juvenile detention officer living in Key West. I keep in touch with a lot of houseboys (this site is great to use to connect with people close to your age, btw) and I know I'm not the only one that has found a great position from this site.

The point... this is a great site for the right kind of people. I'm not at all trying to be negative, but it just sounds like you're a house sitter, not a houseboy. Newspaper ads and even Monster.com might be a better place for you to find your kind of temporary work, but a good houseboy knows that not all houseboy positions have to be temporary. I mean, I make more now than what I went to police academy for and I have more saved aside for retirement every month than working in that jail plus I'm building a resume with a guy that knows people in high places, let's just say. I would be an idiot to think of this as a temp job.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

If you want your house, condo or apartment cleaned, do yourself a favor and call " Merri-Maids, Service Master, Maid for a Day or other domestic service agencies listed in the yellow pages. The so-called "houseboys" have NO intention of ever cleaning anything. If their own mothers couldn't get them to clean their bedrooms, do you honestly think they're going to clean your entire home? This houseboy sub-division of the big gay scene is nothing more than a stalking horse for twinks seeking maximum compensation for live-in boy toy sex or denial of. They will outwit you and then log on to this or another site while you're sleeping, find another dig and (maybe) greet you when you awake with bags packed and a "...thanks for everything but this isn't working out for me". You'll more than likely have gone broke, never as much as have gotten a peck on the cheek and will probably end up getting mother-fucked up one end and down the other online when your "houseboy" reachs his next destination because you didn't adequately maintain his extravangant lifestyle while he was staying with you.

Jonnybabe, I hope that has not been your only experience. I have had 7 houseboys in the last 10 years. One for 3 years and 4 for over 1 year. Sometimes things work and sometimes they don't. I have never had a short term guy that didn't work out because I vett the guy first. I make sure we are compatible and that things will work out the way I want. But, I also have to make sure things work out the way they want. It has to be a win/win situation for it to be long term. If you are not willing to give as good as you get, it won't be successful.

• 10 months later...

My employer Ralph and Jared in Laredo, Texas has been amazing...they have gone through 6 houseboys in a year and finally they found a fit. They actually listed me as a success story on houseboi .com which is also a houseboy site...im thankful I found them and they found me.

• 1 year later...

If you want your house, condo or apartment cleaned, do yourself a favor and call " Merri-Maids, Service Master, Maid for a Day or other domestic service agencies listed in the yellow pages. The so-called "houseboys" have NO intention of ever cleaning anything. If their own mothers couldn't get them to clean their bedrooms, do you honestly think they're going to clean your entire home? This houseboy sub-division of the big gay scene is nothing more than a stalking horse for twinks seeking maximum compensation for live-in boy toy sex or denial of. They will outwit you and then log on to this or another site while you're sleeping, find another dig and (maybe) greet you when you awake with bags packed and a "...thanks for everything but this isn't working out for me". You'll more than likely have gone broke, never as much as have gotten a peck on the cheek and will probably end up getting mother-fucked up one end and down the other online when your "houseboy" reachs his next destination because you didn't adequately maintain his extravangant lifestyle while he was staying with you.

This is false. Not only do I clean and enjoy it, but I know others do as well. If you catch a 22 yo twink, yea chances are they have no clue how to clean and are too lazy for such and just want to be pretty. But, do not stereotype especially when you cannot speak for all of us.

• 2 weeks later...

I met an amazing boy on this site here :) We chatted for a couple months on skype and since he was from Europe, we decided to meet in Madrid and go explore a fun city that he has never seen before. We had the most amazing time together. He even took ME shopping and got me a nice dinner jacket which really surprised me :) Then when it was time to leave we were both in stress and wanted to stay longer. But the planes carried us both to our homes and we stayed in touch. 2 weeks later we bought a ticket for him to come to the USA and stay for 3 months and he wasn't my houseboy, he was my partner, companion, and best friend and lover. We had an amazing time together, I took him to meet my family for Christmas and he eventually had to go home again :(

That hasn't stopped us yet, I flew to France to surprise him and stayed a week and we discussed him moving to the USA and he said yes. Long story short, he is back here in the USA with me now, we just had our commitment ceremony and will be getting legally married this fall. We are going on a 27 day honeymoon to Thailand and Cambodia together and he even paid for the plane fares and I covered the lodging. He is smart, educated, has a degree, speaks 3 languages and super cute. He came here to find an older masculine guy and I was here to find an assistant. Things changed when we met, and we found husbands. He does like to clean the house and take care of the laundry and cook, but he does it as my husband .. not my houseboy :)

You can not judge everyone here with the tired stereotypes. Not all younger cute twinky guys are gold digging scam artists. Not all mid 30s or older guys are sexual deviants looking for a slave. Skype with people, google search the images they send you or have on their profiles, research them and who they are. Meet them, and get to know them before you make any major decisions... you never know what you may find. I found an amazing and stable young guy that likes to say goodnight to me in French before we go to sleep :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

17 hours ago, Nykbdb said:

That's the exact same line I posted under my old screen name pipatatl in 2010 back when I was a houseboy.

• 8 months later...