New HB here! Any success stories?

CornFed

Hello there boys & gentlemen!  I just joined up yesterday and I'm already being flattered with winks you all are too sweet!

I'd like to think I have a generally good understanding of this site, the etiquette and duties required of a houseboy....but can anyone tell me of times that it has worked out successfully? Either for short term or long term arrangements I'm curious to hear whether or not this is something I should truly commit to.  My heart is in the right place, but I question if other's are as careful. 

So let's hear it!  Houseboys! What was good/bad? Any advice for a newcomer?  Employers! What are some things you'd recommend? Things to look for in both houseboys and other employers?   I can't wait to hear the responses!  Good luck fellas!

I've had several houseboys. And tried out some that did not make it. Being sexy is not enough. Key criteria are being trustworthy, reliable, dependable and desire to do a good job, A good houseboy likes to please, not just go thru the motions. And wants to be of service, help out, make a contribution to the employer. Open honest transparent communication is essential. Shared expectations, clarity about duties, and explicit adult conversation about sexual play are critical if an arrangement is going to work for both the houseboy and employer. 

As the houseboy, especially if relocating, realize not all "employers" are going to treat a boy right -- meaning with respect and looking out for the boy's well being. There are users out there -- some are "employers" and some are "houseboys". All take an no give types. As a houseboy, don't put yourself in a situation where you are trapped and have no options. You have a right to boundaries, limits, and to say no. Don't forget that and get ran over and used like a doormat instead of a houseboy.

My current part-time houseboy has been with me almost 3 years. He is now finished with school and started his first career job. He will be moving on soon. He commutes some distance to work for me. My houseboy before that was with me nearly 4 years, until he finished his graduate degree. I helped him land his first career job -- we are still friends. I am not just an "employer", but an older, more experienced male that these boys can look to for mentoring, advice when needed and even a bit of help at times. We enjoy each others company, our sexual connection and getting the work done. It needs to be a win/win. That is up to both the employer and boy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would consider my experience as a houseboy a success. Most of my arrangements were quite long term, and in that time, I made sure I learned all I can from these men. I saw myself as something more along the lines of their apprentice. Sometimes a romantic relationship would develop and sometimes it didn't, but I never went into a situation where it was "required".

I'd say if you're looking to be a houseboy just to get taken care of without working, you can easily find that in almost any houseboy situation. Just take a little time to find out the basics about the guy and go from there.

If you're looking at this as more along the lines of dating, you would need to be quite selective in who you decide to get to know. As long as you're honest with and about yourself, you'll attract men who are honest as well that will make the wait well worth it.

If you're looking at being a houseboy for work as I did, it's a good idea to be sure to only move forward with the kind of guy that you could truly consider a friend. When you love what you do, you'll do it well with few issues. If you love and respect the man that you're working for, you'll want to go above and beyond to please him, as I did. However, I noticed that when building a friendship, there were a few times that a romantic relationship started. The day I make love to a guy is the day the pay stops. At that point, I was doing everything for him because I truly wanted him to be happy and I enjoyed being the source of his happiness.

In my time as a houseboy, I have been privileged to have all kinds of jobs from getting my cdl and driving trucks to going to police academy and work for several different sheriff's offices in several states. All of those opportunities came while I was a houseboy and the background and reputation I built for myself in that time is what landed me where I am today, as a homeowner that works from home for one of the leading tech companies and also run my own small business in my local area, both of which I accomplished before I turned 30.

Every single great thing in my life, besides my family, came through hard work as a houseboy and from the connections I made as a houseboy. It's the reason I love coming back on here and connecting with houseboys that have questions such as those that you have asked. I owe all that I am to being a houseboy and if you are serious about it, it won't take you long to be able to look back at your experience and feel so glad to have been given the chance at all to be a houseboy.