Clean Up the Houeboy Listings

JOHNNYBABE

I've been running an ad on this and other houseboy websites for years amounting to little more than a string of misadventures with con-artists, psychotics, bi-polars, criminals with outstanding warrants, full blown drug addicts, drunkards, thieves and guys who weren't even; in the least bit, gay. I think the time's come to do some 'genre cleansing' starting with this site's "houseboy wannabes" to get rid of the conceited pretentious pretty boys who have neither the upringing nor the common courtesy to favor a potential host/employer with a polite reply. These players are so full of themselves and aren't in the least bit serious about teaming up with an older and/or more successful person for the sake of personal enrichment and self improvement but simply rather waste other people's time. End this roustabout free-for-all of spoiled brats who can run ads for free only to land what they perceive as the best digs slathered with a plathora of self-serving options, cascades of endless perks and having to give absolutely nothing in return. If these guys' mothers couldn't get them to clean their own bedrooms, how the hell do you seriously expect them to clean your entire house, condo or apartment? These dudes should be called "hose-boys". For the "houseboys" I've had, I would have been better to hire "Merry Maid", "Servicemaster" or "Maid for a Day". Never mind including the question of whether or not sexual relations are expected and this BS of "...maybe"; "...if the chemistry's right"; "...if the mood hits me". Anyone who posts on this site should do so with the understanding that sex IS absolutely expected; otherwise, don't post. Travel, health benefits, salary? With the unemployment rate higher than after World War I, millions of Americans without any kind of health insurance coverage and homelessness being the worst since the great depression, who do these "children of oppulence" think they are? I know that I'm going to get beat up over this but I'll gladly upload copies of airline ticket receipts, Western Union Moneygrams, cashier's checks and money orders, long distance toll charges on my phone bill, etc., etc. The majority of these characters I'm referring to are a few years older now and would either totally deny any wrongdoing or would pass it off as 23 year old immaturity. Let's cut the crap and make this site available to only REAL young gay men who want to live with an older and/or successful gay man

post-204-094850300 1286327398_thumb.jpg

Dear JOHNNYBABE '1286327508' post='177'

Like you I have had ads in a couple of these sites and you are exactly RIGHT! Every single one of them were of each of your descriptions. There sure needs to be a TOTAL CLEANUP of these parasites who have no respect nor interest in what we have to offer as experienced men with a wealth of things for them to learn from.

Thank you for voicing my exact feelings here.post-1888-094108200 1286333007_thumb.png

I've been running an ad on this and other houseboy websites for years amounting to little more than a string of misadventures with con-artists, psychotics, bi-polars, criminals with outstanding warrants, full blown drug addicts, drunkards, thieves and guys who weren't even; in the least bit, gay. I think the time's come to do some 'genre cleansing' starting with this site's "houseboy wannabes" to get rid of the conceited pretentious pretty boys who have neither the upringing nor the common courtesy to favor a potential host/employer with a polite reply. These players are so full of themselves and aren't in the least bit serious about teaming up with an older and/or more successful person for the sake of personal enrichment and self improvement but simply rather waste other people's time. End this roustabout free-for-all of spoiled brats who can run ads for free only to land what they perceive as the best digs slathered with a plathora of self-serving options, cascades of endless perks and having to give absolutely nothing in return. If these guys' mothers couldn't get them to clean their own bedrooms, how the hell do you seriously expect them to clean your entire house, condo or apartment? These dudes should be called "hose-boys". For the "houseboys" I've had, I would have been better to hire "Merry Maid", "Servicemaster" or "Maid for a Day". Never mind including the question of whether or not sexual relations are expected and this BS of "...maybe"; "...if the chemistry's right"; "...if the mood hits me". Anyone who posts on this site should do so with the understanding that sex IS absolutely expected; otherwise, don't post. Travel, health benefits, salary? With the unemployment rate higher than after World War I, millions of Americans without any kind of health insurance coverage and homelessness being the worst since the great depression, who do these "children of oppulence" think they are? I know that I'm going to get beat up over this but I'll gladly upload copies of airline ticket receipts, Western Union Moneygrams, cashier's checks and money orders, long distance toll charges on my phone bill, etc., etc. The majority of these characters I'm referring to are a few years older now and would either totally deny any wrongdoing or would pass it off as 23 year old immaturity. Let's cut the crap and make this site available to only REAL young gay men who want to live with an older and/or successful gay man

I don't think you actually realize how many guys we remove EVERY day. It is not one or two but 10's every day. Anything that is questionable, we remove. Any profiles reported we investigate. If you want more through screening, I suggest you use the Report a Profile as well as these forums when you run into someone.

this is my first time personally ever trying to do anything like this i have a lot of good qualities and i can see that by what others are doing that it would easily put us houseboys on the distrust side but i also must say the month i have been on this site has put me meeting many and all fall short ..i have been messaged asked for pictures talked dirty to on the phone and then left with nothing and as goes for what people are looking for...and a;; of us are not as you see some of us are genuinly looking for a new start away from the hate and away from the bull looking for someone to help us in exchange for duties and as much as i would do i dont think a salary would be a bad thing i mean we are people and like certain things but i totally agree with you :D

• Like 1

I don't think you actually realize how many guys we remove EVERY day. It is not one or two but 10's every day. Anything that is questionable, we remove. Any profiles reported we investigate. If you want more through screening, I suggest you use the Report a Profile as well as these forums when you run into someone.

I know and I; as well as many who play fair and square do, but the 'players' and 'scammers'; like cockroaches, always manage to sneak in regardless. You have a great website with tremendous untold potential and I hope that eventually this will be THE site where good and well-meaning people can find the exact same. Thanks for a job well-done. 'Lest we forget... the man who made this all possible.

• 1 month later...

As I am still what I like to consider a young man I have to say that I very much disagree with lumping together an entire generation as scammers. While I do agree that many of these individuals appear to be as such, I feel it is unfair to those of us who are legitimately seek to use this site. If you would like to stop these scammer I believe that simple vigilance is needed by every legitimate person who finds a scammer to report them because as much as we all appreciate Michael for starting and managing this site he is not psychic he needs to know what we find out.

Any site like this will attract scammers, even violent criminals, looking to take money they won't earn -and, of course but sadly, gay/bi men are popular targets. I can't even imagine how Michael (or others) could preclude all of them. And, I agree he (or somebody)does a good job of eliminating bad listings when they are reported.

It seems very likely that, when you see certain phrases or feel certain attitudes in a profile, you should avoid that person. Like "looking for offers", "love to be pampered", "finer things", and/or "room, board, salary, car, travel, health care, retirement plan, other benefits".

Other "red flag" phrases, guys?

• 1 month later...

Perhaps many middle or older age guys are not being realistic, especially if you have average looks, and expect a hot 22 yo to come live and sleep with you. You have to have something significant to offer and that usually means money. Not in all cases but on this site that's the way it works. Not that complicated.

Perhaps many middle or older age guys are not being realistic, especially if you have average looks, and expect a hot 22 yo to come live and sleep with you. You have to have something significant to offer and that usually means money. Not in all cases but on this site that's the way it works. Not that complicated.

This appears to be an honest evaluation for many. For those who have this attitude, I assume you won't mind when you get summarily thrown out after gaining a fews pounds, losing a little muscle tone or turning 23 - in favor of a hotter, younger guy.

Don't you realize that virtually everyone on this site, boy or employer, has some sort of serious social or emotional deficiency? Employers are either lonely and/or perverts. Boys are either users and/or incapable of taking care of themselves. EVEN THOUGH good people exist here, everyone still has issues, so you can either accept that you WILL need to deal with an unknown skeleton in the closet no matter what, or just give up and whine to Michael like he's somehow responsible for performing your own due diligence.

BE HONEST about what you're looking for. Make sure you have an exit plan. Take steps to ensure the boi OR employer cannot do too much damage. NEVER SEND MONEY! Due your own due diligence.

Caveat Emptor. So get over it.

• Like 1

This appears to be an honest evaluation for many. For those who have this attitude, I assume you won't mind when you get summarily thrown out after gaining a few pounds, losing a little muscle tone or turning 23 - in favor of a hotter, younger guy.

Personally, I would never throw someone out if they gained weight, stopped going to the gym, etc.... I don't work that way. I had a Houseboy for 5 years and paid for his education while he was in my employ. Granted he loved Fat Men so, that is why he answered my ad to start with but he gained weight, got older but only left as, he received his MBA and moved on (which is what I expected would happen). I personally am not into the whole "physical looks" idea. I look more for a great personality, someone that does have a few issues in their life (as let's face it we all do) and likes to live life based on life itself and not drugs. Poppers are okay with me. :-)

All in all, I want a person that would be a good friend and confidant and that occasional tryst in bed, Hell, I would even pay "combat" pay for that arena. Also, honesty is a key issue, as I always say if you need something just ask. I doubt I'll say no, so don't feel as though you have to rob me. Just ask.

Not sure where I am going with all of this as my mind has many thoughts running through it...

All in all, I would just like to find a nice guy who would be my Houseboy and if I have to pay more for it, so what. It's basically just money and that you can't take with you. So might as well pay for it all but definitely not the drugs or attitude. Life is short, so I'd rather enjoy it.

Just my opinion of course.

And on the main site my profile is under Small_Endowment look me up if your a houseboy who needs a good job with benefits (and not just the sexual ones)

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

like most websites, the owners of this site want to keep their membership stats artificially inflated so they don't remove any profiles even after years of not being used. at least they post the stats but it's a pain to remember to look at the last login before writing someone.