Films and The Film Industry

JMcoy

Recently, there seems to be a lack of originality from larger film studios. I’ve been searing for more indie films and have enjoyed them far more than the majority of films on the big screen. I recently watched "Don’t Worry Darling" and I thought it was okay overall. The concept, perspective, and sequence of scenes were great, but a few scenes were either too slow or did not raise the bar. Of course the pandemic plays a role in going out nowadays, but with streaming services shadowing theaters it’s not a huge issue. I’m grateful for streaming services like Dekkoo, but I also miss the classic feeling of going to the movies.

I don't watch indie films that often anymore or go the cinema as much anymore either. I used to watch all the B gay indie movies in the late 2000s before I came out though now not really. It's all the about money and cashing in on nostalgia nowadays. Films studios also don't want to take any chances and there also a lot of nepotism in Hollywood which allows no talent hacks to rise to the top. Interjecting modern politics into films in a way that's doesn't attempt to disguise is also off putting. There is a way to do it so they don't take center stage but that is exactly what they are not doing nowadays. Combine all this together and it's not a recipe for quality.  

• Like 1