how much should a house boy make?

bbscotty

I am new to this and as I search for someone to be my houseboy, I wonder what type of compensation is needed by a houseboy. if you do not provide room and board, how much a week. if you do provide room and board how much a week. thanks for any comments or ideas in this area......

• 1 month later...
I am new to this and as I search for someone to be my houseboy, I wonder what type of compensation is needed by a houseboy. if you do not provide room and board, how much a week. if you do provide room and board how much a week. thanks for any comments or ideas in this area......

hi BBacotty

well im a houseboy and i get 200 dollar a week plus room a board and sometime the nices CARs. i do everything for the house plus i try to keep my boss up in runnig, also im not happy with the job because i supposed to work 4 hours a day and i finish working 12 hours a day... for 200$ to be fair i think a HB Start from 400 dollar a week at list you can go out and still buy the nice things i need.

also im lucky to be where im because i like to work with the ppl i meet

do this everyday and live under de same sink is not esy.

Please be aware of the Scams never send money just the tkt for the plane...

Very dependent on the situation - you need to value the components of what you're offering. If you are offering room & board (and that means a private room of his own - if its a shared room/bed, that doesn't count), then that's also compensation to be factored in. if you're paying for things for him (cell phone, subway passes, etc.), that should also be included.

and then you need to figure out how much you're asking in time commitment - a 24/7 expectation should be more highly compensated than something that only requires 25-30 hours/week (and yes, that time commitment should include hours where he is not "working", but you still demand he be there for you). Also look at the complexity/requirements of the duties you're asking him to perform, and calculate wages based on what you would pay someone for the most demanding task; (e.g., if he's a cook, housecleaner, and personal trainer, then don't expect to calculate wages based on housecleaner, the most menial of his activities).

Just some thoughts