Immigrating a houseboy

HitTheRoad

It looks like most positions on the main board are located in the US, but there are lots of houseboy applicants who aren't in the US and presumably don't have US citizenship or permanent residency.

Is getting a job here just a pipe dream for most of these men? Even if they got paid under the table, or didn't get paid at all, most visitor visas aren't good for more than 90 days or so.

• Like 1

I imagine they're really wanting to do something for themselves but haven't yet or have no way to prepare for doing so.

I was talking to someone from outside the US for a bit. It didn't seem it'd be a problem to get me citizenship if I enjoyed my stay, but messaging stopped and nothing came of it, so I'm not too sure. I have no passport or visa and never tried to get one, so I was hoping my employer would help me take care of it, which having to go through all that is a red flag for some employers I bet. Not really an answer but maybe it helps you see the kinda mindset some boys here have.

Honestly finding the perfect houseboy position in my own country seems to be a pipe dream, but I'm still hoping.

• 1 month later...

Well I can't answer for other people but personally it's a no from me. I'm from Sweden and I don't really need to get a job in the U.S, since my country is well off and I can get plenty or work here if I'd like to. But the thing is I don't want to work I want to be someone's houseboy / househusband, I don't really care if my future man is in the U.S. or not, as long as we get along and click nicely.

• 3 weeks later...

HitTheRoad, the issue may actually be that you're considering arrangements on here to be actual employment. Unfortunately, that's not the case. The term "employment" here isn't to be taken literally, kind of like how some guys like to be called "dad" or "son" or when someone says they want a "family setting" from a "boy" they meet here. In truth, there are actual sites that can allow a person to become an actual houseboy for an actual employer, but this isn't one of those sites.

There are tons of great men on this site, but think of it this way; unless you get the forms to fill out for tax purposes such as the I9, what you're getting into is an arrangement, not employment. If it was true employment, the least you could make would be minimum wage for that state and you would only be able to "perform" for so many hours before your "employer" has to start paying you overtime or make you full time after so many consecutive work weeks above a certain amount of hours "worked".... yeah, it's all a big mess that I bet NO "employer" here wants to deal with.

Gay marriage is legal here now, but even a bogus marriage for the sake of immigration benefits is still a violation of several state and federal laws that could land you (or both) in jail or prison, and result in you being deported and not allowed to enter the U.S. again for a set amount of time or ever. You might think, then, that you could just come over for a visit and just stay if you lay low. That would work for a little bit of time, but once caught, your "employer" can be fined and/or jailed for harboring an illegal immigrant, or you'll have to live behind closed doors for the rest of your life unable to get even your own driver's license or credit card, which would put your "employer" in complete control of you and your life. If he takes advantage of that, it's not like you can call the police. Sure; they'll help, but if you're not legal, you'll be detained as well.

I could go on and on, but that is a watered down but honest version of why you won't find "employment" on this site especially across international borders.

On the other hand, there are so many wonderful men on this site from many different parts of the world. It just takes patience to find the right match. I know it did for me when I was a houseboy. It sucks, but then (if you're as lucky as I was) you meet a man that completely turns your life around and set you down a path that helps you make the most of yourself, even if all you want to do is be someone's submissive house husband or something like that. Have fun with it and learn something from every experience you get to have as a houseboy.