HB Admin - Please re-think this NEW automatic warning message sent with our messages

FlaDad4LiveInBoi

Is it really necessary for the site software to ADD this warning to the contact messages that WE send on the HB site to a Houseboy or Employer?

"This message was sent to you from a member who has not verified their photo. Be careful of messages from members who have not been verified by our team!"

This practice will KILL any further communication between myself (employer) and the houseboy, (or the houseboy to the employer)..

I assume that the site policy is to include this automatically generated add-on message for any user/member who is not officially verified, both employers and houseboys.

It is a waste of time for members to remain on the HB site if this policy remains and this practice continues.

post-971-0-44128300-1347067091_thumb.jpg

I'd be curious why you think this kills communication. I would think you would prefer to communicate with members who are verified. Right?

I'd also be curious to know what others think of this. We did this to try to alert members who keep sending money to boys who are scammers. We have done everything we can to try to get members to never send money but it doesn't seem to work. This is one easy way we came up with let them know when they are communicating with members who are not verified.

I would appreciate everyone's input here.

Hi Michael, thank you for asking: "I'd be curious why you think this kills communication."

The reason I say that the warning message "kills" communication is because within the past week or so that the warning message has has been added to messages that I send (or when I reply to "winks") to a houseboy they have resulted in zero return communications/messages, unlike previous to this modification where I enjoyed responses.

I am NOT photo verified, I am on the system as a gold member, but not photo verified. I do not scam, there is no bad history with my name attached to it. However, I can see how a houseboy would just as soon press the delete button rather than trusting "me" further after reading that attached warning message, especially if he is a NEW houseboy member, someone who isn't familiar with the site system and not have knowledge of the real reason why the administrator has chosen to add this to "our" messages. Percentage wise, I wonder just how many of the members are photo verified? Probably not a great number. I suspect that over time, members will lose interest and remove their profiles if there happens to be less communication.

As for the employers who send money, tickets, etc.; making that choice. It is their responsibility to use good judgment. I have made the mistake of sending money, tickets, etc. over the years. Sometimes I lose, sometimes the houseboy will show up for the trial visit. I take the responsibility for my own actions and judgement, especially when it is a mistake that has been made. Will I do it again?? Probably yes. When another cute young guy convinces me that my arrangement is the right one for him and both he and I want to take that chance, then I will do it again. It's my decision. I am an adult.

I am able to view a houseboy's profile and underneath his profile photo there will be a message saying that his photo is verified, or not. It's my responsibility to check it and then decide if I want to communicate with the houseboy and vice versa.

Aside from this subject, I want to say that I think you and your team have done a great job with the transfer over to your new web site and format. It takes a lot of work for sure, and all good systems require debugging and feature modifications over time. houseboy.com is "quality". I wish you, the team, and all concerned, great success.

Art (Gainesville, Florida)

Thank you Art. I appreciate your detailed response. As a gold member, I do not think that your messages should be there either. I will have a talk with the programmers to see if we can make sure that Gold Members are exempt from this as well.

I know that will alieve the issue for you. But, for others, I hope they respond on their opinion on this as well or come up with a better way to faciliate dialogue. I know that to date, you are the only one that has contacted us about this.