Looking for an Employer on East Coast

JustForYou89

While in college, I became really close with one guy. We'd meet each other 3-4 times a week, go out to eat, browse the shops downtown, go to plays or movies, or just stay in and watch TV. In 2010, he graduated and moved off for grad school. At the time, I thought I'd be fine, that I could move on, but the following year, I became really depressed. I stopped going to classes, started drinking more, and generally just stopped caring about anything. To make a long story short, I failed my classes, lost my financial aid, and moved back in with family.

The depression carried on, mostly out of habit, though also because of my surroundings. Still, I don't want to dwell on the negative... Being unable to find a job ('very' small Southern town), I've been working on bettering myself. I've taught myself how to knit, how to crochet, how to sew (my favorite and what I'm best at - actually sewed the shirt I'm wearing in the photo), etc. I've also been teaching myself web development and just recently launched a new website, which is a user-maintained database of African violet varieties.

Just over a week ago, I started exercising, watching what I eat (or rather how much), drinking more water, etc. I'm walking over 3 miles every morning and biking a couple miles usually in the afternoon. In the past week, I've already lost 3 pounds.

Essentially, I'm trying to turn my life around, and have the life I've wanted for so long. What I'm looking for are not hand-outs or sex, but instead, I'm looking for growth. I'm looking for a change.

post-17885-0-83437800-1407890586_thumb.j