Seeking Attention? A player or just a Scammer?

busyman

Due to my hectic schedule as a business owner and operator I have sought out houseboy.com as a solution to my never ending hectic schedule. It appears many of those claiming to be interested in a houseboy position is merely seeking attention, being a player and or simply out to scam.

Over the past year and a half, while I have been seeking a houseboy, I have received many messages claiming to be very interested in the position I have available. I have suggested a telephone interview in each case as I believe this gives both parties the opportunity to ask questions important in determining compatibility. Here are the various results in each case.

(1) Either a wrong number is given me. (2) The individual never calls (3) The individual allows my call to go to voice mail and never returns the call (4) Informs me they are not seeking a houseboy position but seeking a long term relationship (5) Will not be available for six months or longer. (6) Informs me they need money sent to them for relocating even with my ad specifically stating I will reimburse for relocating cost after 30 days upon arriving.

Though I would like to believe there are those who have been successful filling their listed position, I have been less than impressed.

I do believe having online chat would allow all to be made more aware of those with less than serious interest and eliminate unnecessary wasted time.

• 3 weeks later...

well, i posted my instant messengers on my account and any interested employers have added me but ive found one now, we chatted on yahoo, and on the phone, ive noticed in these forums there is a lot of reports of fakes and it kinda ruins the reputation of the site and detours ppl from using this service, an online chat would be amazing if implemented due to some ppl not knowing/wanted to download an instant messenger program. I hope you find what your looking for though.