Nigerian Scams

michael

Be leery of anyone you meet online and NEVER send advance money until you know who you are dealing with. Many scams seem to come out of Nigeria but it is by no means the only place. I am always cautions and want to meet someone before I send any cash to them. Do others not do this?

I constantly get e-mails from guys saying someone ripped them off of money. But, why would you send money to someone you don't know. The way I find someone is I first fly to them and spend some time to see if we are compatible.

• 4 months later...

I have been contacted many times from the this web site members that are definatley scams they were from another country Nigeria and wanted to send me money orders ect and send money to them right after or the same day. I thought it was little scarey they wanted copies of my personal info Be ware

• 1 year later...
Be leery of anyone you meet online and NEVER send advance money until you know who you are dealing with. Many scams seem to come out of Nigeria but it is by no means the only place. I am always cautions and want to meet someone before I send any cash to them. Do others not do this?

I constantly get e-mails from guys saying someone ripped them off of money. But, why would you send money to someone you don't know. The way I find someone is I first fly to them and spend some time to see if we are compatible.

I just received a Passport which was a fake from a UK guy but also in Nigeria and need money to get him to Europe.

Funny thing is that the site should check where his IP coming from in the profile he state Australia but then he is in Nigeria.

But besides the fake passports. I do agree Michael, about the best way to find out is for the employer to go and meet them. I received several email on the 1st few days. I limited the choice to only EU (visa issues otherwise) when I chatted with them all nice and happy. When it came to a start date they were all ready to start, so I suggested that it would be easier if popped over to meet them 1st and also help them move over in person.

Guess what they are busy to meet or just stop chatting.

Remember you are inviting someone to move into your house...so check them out before hand.

• 1 year later...