warning to all houseboys

FuckWarrior

I had a very bad experience with this couple. They go by "sawun8"

I was living in Hawaii when I first signed on to Houseboy.com. I was messaged by a couple who wanted to meet, and we began to message back and forth. I was promised a salary of $500 dollars a week during one of our phone conversations. Eventually, I was "hired" and I flew out to Los Angeles to begin work. When I got to their home, they reimbursed me for my travel ticket. I then worked for 50 hours and got nothing!

I had been in Palm Spring for a week cooking meals (being that I am a certified Chef). I was also forced to striptease, and work in a jockstrap. Meanwhile I also had been asked to help Roy (one of the employers) dig ditches along their home for new pipes and water lines. All things I did not sign up for, but was willing to get through them knowing that I was making good money and didn't have to pay rent. I thought everything was fine until last Friday afternoon when I asked for some money for a haircut. I had been working hard all day in 100 degree weather, and thought it was a fair request.

I was informed that I was not going to get paid and if I wanted my hair cut I would have to give him a blowjob. WTF? I knew it's expected that being a house boy means different things to everyone but I wasnt comfortable with being demanded or man handled. When I refused, he grabbed my arm and said "I have 20 other guys who are willing to be here for free, and you dont want to see me get worse, Because I can." I couldn't breathe and went to call his boyfriend to tell him what he told me. Before I could make the call, he threw me out of the house shouting and throwing my underwear at me. He yelled "you're a waist of my time" and locked me out of the house.

I had managed to grab my phone and a handful of clothing he had thrown at me while he shoved me out the door like a animal. I felt used and thrown away. I really fell for the both of them staying up late talking about the things we all had in common, even having the occasional walk with their two dogs in the park late at night, but I was still putting all I could into our agreement and haven't had the favor returned. This is my first time being a houseguy and I was determed to make them happy and get closer but everything I did wasn't enough. I was constantly asked to touch them and be touched. I had to tell them to stop more than once, and they slowly began to give me more work to do.

I spent the afternoon walking in downtown Palm Springs were I knew no one and was thirsty and too embarrassed to call home to my family for help. I didn't know what to do and by a miracle two gay men I had met on here previously (calfrainbow and his BF) gave me a place to stay, and I phoned home for help to get back to my Island. After that night, I contacted the couple that threw me out via email and text and phone to ask if I could pick up the rest of my belongings. They they refused and said I owed them money for groceries, toothpaste, and the tank top from walmart that Roy tore off my body as he pushed me out the door. Today I went down to their house where I had to get the LAPD to get my stuff back. Will (the other employer) refused and said that if I wanted my things back, I would have to pay them $553.60.

In the end, the police encouraged them to return my personal property and I got most of my things back undamaged.

Knowing the both of them was a mistake, and I wish I never met them. I hope that in the future they find what they are looking for. As for the other houseboys out ther who are looking, remember to be careful and dont make the same mistake I did in trusting over the phone. Be sure everything is in writing. I can't get the money that is owed me back, and they won't fly me back to Hawaii, but I'm lucky that I do have a few pieces of clothing and a roof over my head until I find my way home again.

• 2 weeks later...

they have been talking to me about coming to them...part of what happened to you is fucking HOT as hell but fuck thats not right...its one thing to roleplay and another to actually do something like that to another human being...im glad my employer is so generous

There are 2 sides to every story… This houseboy is committing slander and strangely fabricating crazy lies. This story he is posting is NOT TRUE and it is hard to admit but his side of the story is painful for us to read because it came from someone who we trusted to come into our lives, moved into our houses and spent time with our family and friends. But again, you would not really know someone until you spend time with the person.

This delusional guy told us such a story about a situation that he had in Hawaii with another couple and of course we felt bad for him because we were listening to only 1 side of the story, but you know what? Now, we are the story, hahaha. We became a story like the Hawaii couple story that he told us. His story is just shown what kind of a con-artist he is.

This is a good example of why we should not judge the book by its cover”, it is almost impossible to make the right decision until you know all the facts. If you like to get to know someone, spend real time with the person and you will get to know the real him/her. However, in this case if you don’t give this guy all the picky items he wants, he will change to a different person. That’s what our experience was after giving and giving to him (paid for his plane ticket b/c he promises to help us for at least 2 weeks but he decides to leave by himself, paid for his special groceries that is worth more than $100 because he doesn’t eat normal food like us and he promises to use the food and cook for us and he didn’t, 80% of the day he spent time relaxing and explored his interests).

We should file a lawsuit against this person because we have enough evidence to prove his lies, but we decided to just move on and put this deceitful experience in the past. Let the higher power decide who did what and how, who is a liar and who is a forgiver. We believe good things WILL happen to good people and BAD things WILL happen to bad people. For us Karma is real and we will leave at that. Everyone should be warned about the bad house boys that are out there to scam and take advantage instead of helping their host.

• 1 year later...

My comment is a bit after-the-fact, but there are two sides to every story, just like there are scammers who are "Employers" and there are scammers who are "Houseboys".

Unfortunately for Houseboys, there are supposed Employers out there that will sometimes tell them anything to lure them in. Making the offer seem almost too good to be true - a pool to use, a private room, great salary, a car to drive, a cell phone, etc... Like the old saying goes, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." There are some genuine Employers out there who may only be offering room and board, but that doesn't mean that a potential Houseboy should look to someone who is offering them the world on a silver platter (because the offer probably doesn't really exist, anyway).

Unfortunately for Employers, there are supposed Houseboys out there who will use every story line in the book to convince the Employer to send them money and then the Houseboy never shows up or is never heard from again. There are also those Houseboys who actually do show up, then ask for or expect more and more, despite the fact that their skills and efforts are sorely lacking - sometimes they're not even good company, either!

No advice is 100%, but at least take a little time to get to know each other. It's amazing what you can learn about someone after a week's time. Pay attention to what the other person is saying or claiming!!! DON'T let your emotions take over... make an informed and educated decision (this goes for Houseboys and Employers both). If you start noticing discrepancies in their story, they are probably lying about something and that's not a good sign. Oftentimes, if someone is lying, they won't remember what answer they gave you about something when you first started talking - even if the discrepancy is a small one, it might be significant.

It's a good idea to have a "back up" plan for both parties involved. If things don't work out, there needs to be a way out for everyone involved.

It's a good idea to write down what is agreed upon, not necessarily to create a contract, but so that everyone involved is clear on what is expected and what is provided - no one claiming they didn't understand or didn't know.

Everyone can agree to whatever they want, but sometimes I wonder if people realize that room and board and food for someone all cost money and that should be at least a part of the "compensation" of a houseboy, and by the same token, a houseboy shouldn't be expected to spend their money on food for the house or chipping in for utilities.

Yes, there are scammers and frauds both in the Houseboy section and the Employer section, but there are also legitimate ones in both sections, too. Use your common sense and don't let your emotions get in the way!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Both employers and houseboys should have something in writing with a complete list of terms and responsibilities. Furthermore, all parties should agree to a specific time frame before making things permanent. In the contract, I'd suggest a provision for the exit plan. As an employer, we have the obilgation to return them back to their place of origin. Sadly, there will always be scammers but having a document plan in place may avoid some of the risk.

• 2 weeks later...

The first loser I met, I made him get a page notarized so that he would have to reimburse me for my travel/lodging/car repair expenses, and salary. Have everything in writing and have then sign it and notarize it. This is a BUSINESS contract. These people have tons of money hiding around and don't mind spending it...they need to pay up and YOU need to make sure you do everything on your end as far as the LEGAL BUSINESS aspects are concerned.