New Site Design for Houseboy

michael

Everyone hates change and we understand that. However, our site was never built for mobile devices like phones or tablets. Times change and so must we in order to keep up. That is why we have completely changed the code on the site.

It may not be as pretty or as colorful but we will improve that in the coming weeks. What we hope is that we will now have users accessing the site from all the places they desire.

We know the initial first weeks will be a bit painful and we do apologize for this. But, we do hope you will give it a chance and help us to improve the site. Please report any bugs or issues you are having on the forums. I have created a thread called: New Site Code. Please go there and give us input on the new site. We do not get upset and we hope that you will give us as many "bugs" as you find so that we may fix them and solve the issues. We are resolved to make the site fully functional on every type of device you use.

To that end, in the thread on the forums, please let us know the OS system and device you are using and if you can take a screen shot of any issues you find, it would be very helpful.

Thank you for being a member of this site and thank you in advance for the issues that will result in this much needed transformation of the site!

Michael

Site Admin

Michael, we know change is necessary from time to time, but this is disastrous. The site is almost unusable. I'm browsing with chrome on a Win7 asus ultrabook, but the flaws are too numerous to list - surely you must be aware of this. I'd recommend a return to the previous code until you get the new code properly tested and debugged. I fear you risk killing the site completely if it stays like this for long. (Which would be a great pity as we've met some fantastic houseboys here) Good luck (another) Michael

When I first signed on, spacing and position was off on certain words and features and some even off screen. Eventually, they seemed to line back up. Also, trouble getting the private message box to load. Lastly, the lack of contrast is discouraging, but you did say that you would be changing that "in the coming weeks."