Are you throwing away good money?

busyman

I have recently been contacted by a houseboy going by the user name of antonio123.

Made it quite clear I am not interested. My decision is based on facts and experiences

from those living overseas. First of all the time involved for one to go through their embassy

to find out if they can get a visitors visa can take any where from 6months up to a year and more

not to mention the cost which will be on your shoulder. On the other hand if one is willing to be a

sponsor it not only takes more time but a great deal of $$. Keep in mind, the person coming for a

visit can take off and live illegally in the States and or simply choose to live elsewhere once their

visa is granted and you pay their air fare. If citizenship is required for an individual to permanently

live in the United States then you are looking at a minimum of $5000.00 in addition to your already

invested investment. Keep in mind there is no guarantee the individual you're investing in will stay

with you. If you're wanting to gamble, it's likely your luck would be best served up in Vegas.

Guest pipatatl

There are organizations that help to take the risk out of sponsoring someone into the states. However, a site like houseboy.com isn't one of those organizations. To try and go through the process of sponsoring someone just to have as your houseboy after meeting him on a free site like this is a waste of good money, and is just stupid.

The truth is that a houseboy is a houseboy. Not all houseboys are the same, but the biggest, most understood "rule" in getting a houseboy is always the same:

No matter how a houseboy makes it to your home, it should never be a reason that any money should ever have to go directly to his hands, to any bank account, or to anything other than an airline or bus ticket.

On this site, you can't be dumb enough to buy a houseboy anything that he can take and disappear with, whether that be a rental car, sponsorship to the U.S., cash, a bank account, money orders, etc. So many hosts (employers) here don't realize it, but they're offering a place to stay, pay, and employment based on how cute someone is in a picture. That's cool and all, but at least be smart enough to not actually give any of that directly to him until he is in your home. Call it a scam, but in all truth, most guys that have lost money doing this very thing never had a true agreement that stated clearly that the houseboy couldn't change his mind at any moment without facing fines or having to give the money back. The reason none of those "scams" have been brought to justice is because these guys (in the end) were seen as giving some random guy money. As long as there is no official agreememt, all it is is just giving a guy money.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea to sponsor someone. I'm sure it has helped many good people. It is a bad idea to sponsor someone just to have a houseboy. Still if you're one of the many men that wants to go that route, do it the right way through the right organizations, but don't come onto a free site like this and expect to not get scammed.

Sponsoring someone, sending money orders or cash, or anything that can go right into somoene's hands without being refunded is throwing away good money if you do it from a free site like houseboy.com.