Adding Photos Before Profile Approved

michael

I am just trying to think of other ways to keep spammers off the site. Perhaps, if we require the addition of a profile photo and 3 other photos before approval, it might slow down the amount of spammers that come to the site. Or, any other suggestions?

How about have new members do a verified photo same as required to verify profiles now? Won’t stop con artists completely but will stop those using stolen photos. Catfish I think is the going term for them. I lump them in with scumbags. Just my two- bits worth.

• 1 month later...

The options to report a fake profile need to be modified. If you're talking to a guy and you suspect he's fake, he might block you before you can report him. Once you're blocked, you can't even report him. Then guys post the "fakes" in here hoping someone else will block him, but they kind of can't since a random person might not have any evidence to support reporting that fake profile. Once you're blocked by a person, you can't even access any of your messages on here to copy and share them to report. I'm not saying messages between blocked members should be accessible even when blocked, but the ability to report a fake profile should remain active. 

Also, why not put some kind of banner in the messaging part of this website that makes a person have to read through something telling them that they should never have to send money to a boy for any reason, no matter how sad or urgent their sob story is? Perhaps having a box to check off that says something making us agree that we're not going to send any boy money every time we click to send a message? The only thing that will stop the scammers is if they know they're on a site where people aren't careless enough to fall for their stories and fake pictures, so why not mention the rule of not sending money in more places that we'd have to see while or before communicating with others? Maybe even a banner on the home page itself, or a pop up that you have to read and agree to every time we enter the site or go to the messaging link?