Avoiding scammers here

How have you managed to avoid scammers?  

1. 1. What have you done specifically to protect yourself from scammers?

• What do you suggest someone do who thinks they are being scammed?
    • Have you been scammed and how?

I just avoided another scammer trying to get in with me here today, our newest member. Midwest phone number, Brooklyn address listed here, and he says he is in Africa, go figure!!! I asked for pics and he sent group shots of military guys fooling around, obviously taken from some poor soldiers internet shots. If you want to avoid being scammed just DEMAND a selfie taken NOW and have them holding up one,two, or three fingers. They can't do it cause they are not the man they claim and will start calling you names and trying to make it like you are the one lying here. I just love it, they are the same everytime they get caught in their scams and lies. Ever heard of anyone traveling to Africa these days? I haven't and it just keeps repeating itself with the lies. Usually they have some lame excuse and need a ticket to the States or they just got robbed and need money or else their art or stuff or whatever is being held up in customs so they need a quick emergency infusion of cash so they can bring it home to sell it. DONT FALL FOR THESE GUYS.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are so many scammers from Nigeria. All their stories are the same. Their father is white and he died leaving him and his mother and the dads family hates them and threw them out and they had to go back to Nigeria or some other place in Africa. Most say they are from the UK, A new one online his profile says Germany, he says he is from UK and now in Nigeria. He sent me a copy of his passport, of course expired, and the picture is of a 20 year old but passport is 10 years old and not even a passport photo.

If we could get rid of all the fakes on here, a real houseboy looking for a home and someone with a home and real looking for a real houseboy, might just find one.

And then all those that never respond to an email.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

micpropst, dressed up in military garb here in his photo is a scammer trying to get a bank account and password by saying he is helping a Nigerian king get 500,000 Euros out of the country....yeah right!

Michael22, Michael Dawson here, is a scammer getting money by saying he needs gas money to drive to me. He is also on another similar site to this one as Matthew Myers and uses the same pics if you can believe it. He may have other aliases but so far these are the only two I have uncovered. He is in either DC or a Maryland suburb, not sure which.

After six years of dealing with guys on internet I have NEVER found a single one who says they are in Nigeria, Ghana, or Benin to be real. Any guy asking you to "vote" for him on some site is trying to get you to join saying it is free but that is a scam. You join with them saying you can cancel within 24 hours. Then when you call to cancel no one answers the phone and BAM, a charge to you for $29.95. What a surprise right? Also any supposed soldier who says they are in Afghanistan or Pakistan or wherever, is just a scammer who will ask you to help him somehow, either getting money out of the country or else receiving a box for him. Run in the opposite direction. Anyone calling you DEAR immediately or telling you they love you within a few days of contact is so fake as to not be believed. Demand they appear on cam either on yahoo or skype or phone with selfies: scammers will have every excuse in the world. I even had one claiming no one had a cam on their computers. I told him three internet cafes within a mile of where he claimed to be and suddenly he starts calling ME a liar! They get really belligerent once caught in one of their own lies. Good luck and avoid any number starting with +234.

• 10 months later...

Hello, I am a strong,easy going, cute black guy who want to work for my employer, i can do all the house work and do alot of things around home and would be loyal to you till death and i may work to sort my bills and help my parents... Please i need this as a favor from you unlike an help.

Please get back to me Asap, we can video chat if you want. tundedayo36@gmail.com